Collection: Tattoo Before & Aftercare Products
If you want your tattoo to last, you have to take care of your skin. And with the right tattoo before & aftercare products, your ink will stay vibrant and healthy forever.
Tattoo skincare starts with the right products
Tattoo skincare begins long before your session. From properly hydrating to deep exfoliation, the right pre-care products will make your experience that much smoother.
Tattoos take 3-6 weeks to heal; longer if you don’t take care of them. But with the right aftercare products, you'll be showing off happy, healthy skin in no time.
How to take care of your skin
How to prepare
- Hydrate your skin by drinking plenty of water for the days & weeks before your session.
- Shave 2-3x the week of. Waiting until the last minute will make your skin extra sensitive, meaning more pain.
Exfoliate your skin to unclog pores and stimulate blood flow to will speed up the healing process.
- Moisturize your skin 2x per day.
- Avoid alcohol, prescription pain killers, and other blood thinners within 48 hours of your session to prevent excess pain & bleeding.
- Rest is critical to the healing process - get at least 8 hours of sleep the night before.
After the tattoo
- Leave the plastic wrap on for the first 24 hours afterwards
- Wash your hands with warm, soapy water for 20-30 seconds before touching the area.
- Clean your skin 2x per day with a fragrance-free, liquid, pump soap to prevent damaging, irritating, or infecting the area.
- Gently pat the area dry with clean paper towels.
Moisturize your skin 1-2x per day to reduce irritation and help your skin cells regenerate quickly.
- Don't wear any tight or restrictive clothing or jewelry that could irritate the area.
- Avoid itching or spending time in the sun, beach, or pool for at least 2 weeks after your tattoo.
Maintain your ink's vibrance forever.
Buy tattoo before & aftercare products from Numbed Ink
Tattoo skincare is more than just cleaning and moisturizing. Step up your game with the right products that will protect your ink and your skin forever.